This is a description of a staff Job at [LICENSEE], NOT a Job Opening Announcement. Look for Current Job Openings and then Apply Online or use [LICENSEE]’s Staff JobFinder to be notified of vacancies for jobs of interest to you.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under general supervision, provides day-to-day coordination and support of various public relations, membership, underwriting, and/or related development and/or promotional activities of a discreet operating entity of the University. Provides a range of general marketing and related administrative assistance to the unit, and may administer and train volunteers, as appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with and serves as administrative liaison between the unit and external associations, agents, and/or members of the general public.
- Serves as a community contact and coordinator for cultural, educational, and/or fundraising activities, and other related events as appropriate to the unit.
- Coordinates administrative aspects of fund-raising, as appropriate, to include development and preparation of various correspondence and/or participation in the preparation of grant applications and other development materials.
- Coordinates the work of and administers knowledge and skills training for volunteers engaged in assisting with unit activities; schedules training sessions and delivers or participates in the delivery of training, as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains databases and files related to funding campaigns, mailing lists, memberships, and/ord other related information requirements, as appropriate.
- Writes, coordinates publication, and distributes brochures and other publicity for educational and/or promotional activities and initiatives; may participate in the preparation and dissemination of newsletters and press releases, as appropriate.
- As appropriate to the position, may process contributions and/or accounts receivable; may receive, record, deposit, and track revenues; may reconcile accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of periodic activity reports and associated documentation, and may perform fiscal and administrative support duties, as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience; directly related, completed degrees from accredited institutions may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Proposal and grant writing skills.
- Database management skills.
- Knowledge and appreciation of concepts and principles within stated area of operational specialty.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate volunteers.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to design and write promotional material.
- Ability to organize training programs.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate media activities and special events.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
The [LICENSEE] provides all training required by OSHA to ensure employee safety.