The Community Foundation of Santa Cruz County promotes philanthropy to make greater Santa Cruz County a better place to live, now and in the future.
To fulfill our mission, the Community Foundation:
- Builds permanently endowed funds contributed by many individuals and institutions,
- Provides grants and assistance to develop and strengthen community organizations,
- Encourages partnerships with foundations, businesses, and government to increase funds distributed to the community, and
- Inspires philanthropy and community involvement.
- Invest donor funds responsibly to preserve capital, provide growth, and earn income for grantmaking,
- Create and encourage ways of giving that meet the philanthropic and financial goals of a broad spectrum of donors,
- Promote the effective delivery of programs and services,
- Anticipate, identify, and assist in addressing needs that are new, unmet, or not widely recognized, and
- Foster understanding and cooperation among diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio- economic groups.