This is a description of a staff Job at [LICENSEE], NOT a Job Opening Announcement. Look for Current Job Openings and then Apply Online or use [LICENSEE]’s Staff JobFinder to be notified of vacancies for jobs of interest to you.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under indirect supervision, directs the programming unit for the University’s radio station, K[LICENSEE]. Develops, implements, and promotes program schedules, ensuring compliance with regulations governing program activity. Directs station programming and production staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs planning and implementation of program schedules and the traffic system for on-air programming.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Develops and implements total program and production efforts, including acquisition, schedule development, proposal writing, creation of production projects, and contract negotiations; directs the production process.
- Implements community outreach projects and educational programs and activities.
- Ensures compliance with university, local, state, and federal regulations related to programming activity.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Develops annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the unit.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of community outreach practices.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of FCC and other federal, state and local broadcasting regulations.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
The [LICENSEE] provides all training required by OSHA to ensure employee safety.