This is a description of a staff Job at [LICENSEE], NOT a Job Opening Announcement. Look for Current Job Openings and then Apply Online or use [LICENSEE]’s Staff JobFinder to be notified of vacancies for jobs of interest to you.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under limited supervision, manages and coordinates the operational and systems infrastructure of a major operating unit of the university. Participates in the development and implementation of unit policies and procedures. Prepares financial and/or operational analyses and reports, and audits current procedures to monitor and improve
efficiency of operations. May manage the day-to-day activities of one or more unit line operations, and may deputize for the head of the unit as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the daily operations of a university unit and its various components, ensuring compliance with university, local, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the unit.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Participates in and coordinates the design and implementation of data collection and analysis systems for the unit, to include computer, and/or network systems, applications programs, and administrative procedures.
- Reviews and interprets financial and operating information, as appropriate; coordinates and develops periodic financial and/or operating analyses, and prepares financial/business reports for senior university officials; may participate in the preparation of contract and/or grant proposals, and other reports provided by the unit.
- Provides advice and assistance to senior management in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of modifications to existing operations, systems, and procedures.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Oversees the supervision of one or more specified operating and/or service activities within the unit, as appropriate.
- Develops annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the unit.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; Directly related management expertise in fiscal services, administration, and human resources gained through either 2 years of equivalent-level work experience or completion of the [LICENSEE] Management Academy.
At least 3 years of additional work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed on the job description.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and/or related hardware and software.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, standards, policies and procedures within specialty area.
- Ability to develop and prepare comprehensive financial/business analyses.
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
The [LICENSEE] provides all training required by OSHA to ensure employee safety.