This is a description of a staff Job at [LICENSEE], NOT a Job Opening Announcement. Look for Current Job Openings and then Apply Online or use [LICENSEE]’s Staff JobFinder to be notified of vacancies for jobs of interest to you.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under general direction, plans, develops, implements, and manages marketing, fundraising, promotion activities, and member services/relations for the federally licensed university radio station, K[LICENSEE], in accordance with federal and state regulations and guidelines, and university policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and directs funding and marketing of programs and activities; develops and initiates strategies for generating revenues for the station through on-air, underwriting, direct mail, grant proposals, entrepreneurial activities, and other means.
- Identifies, solicits, cultivates, and stewards major donors and donor prospects including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Writes solicitation proposals, reports, press releases, and communication materials.
- Assists in short- and long-range strategic planning activities to create and implement fund raising goals and objectives.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Develops and maintains databases and files related to funding campaigns, mailing lists, memberships, and/ord other related information requirements, as appropriate.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Develops annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the unit.
- Designs, develops, and produces the station’s monthly program guide and other station promotional materials.
- Oversees and coordinates promotional activities, ensuring compliance with relevant federal and state regulations and guidelines governing public broadcasting.
- Keeps abreast of current and developing trends related to legal issues and fundraising and promotions strateties and techniques.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Database management skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and development strategies, techniques, processes, and available resources.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies, processes, and available resources.
- Ability to develop and implement comprehensive marketing goals, strategies, and plans.
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
- Ability to utilize advertising and/or sales promotion techniques.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to design and produce radio progam guides and promotional materials.
- Knowledge of FCC regulations pertaining to underwriting contributions and non- profit paid announcements.
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of FCC regulations and public radio funding guidelines.
- Knowledge of current and developing trends in fundraising strategies and techniques, as applied to public broadcasting.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
The [LICENSEE] provides all training required by OSHA to ensure employee safety.