This is a description of a staff Job at [LICENSEE], NOT a Job Opening Announcement. Look for Current Job Openings and then Apply Online or use [LICENSEE]’s Staff JobFinder to be notified of vacancies for jobs of interest to you.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under general direction, supervises and coordinates the evaluation, acquisition, installation, operation, and overall maintenance and repair of [STATION]’s technical systems, broadcasting equipment, and facilities. Provides 24-hour 7-days-per-week on- call coverage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects and directs testing of studio, remote, and satellite broadcasting equipment to ensure operational performance meets [STATION] standards and FCC regulations.
- Establishes procedures for the operation and maintenance of studio, remote control, and microwave transmission equipment.
- Directs or performs activities concerned with the layout and design of electrical circuitry to ensure conformance with codes and safety regulations.
- Maintains and verifies all necessary records, logs, and reports required by FCC and local and state agencies.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains unstaffed station translator sites and the Sandia Crest transmitter site.
- Plans, develops, and implements projects; recommends technical hardware and software improvements to enhance service delivery.
- Prepares annual budget requests and controls expenditures within budget limitations.
- Assists in proposal writing; ensures grant compliance.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of contracts and grants preparation and management.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals.
- Knowledge of broadcast systems circuitry, design, and/or installation.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to perform inspections and/or approve installations.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of the operational characteristics and maintenance requirements of a range of broadcast transmission equipment.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of FCC and other federal, state and local broadcasting regulations.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, methods, and techniques in area of specialty.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of current availability of and developments in broadcast transmission systems and equipment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Possession of a valid [LICENSEE] driver’s license is required to operate a State vehicle.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
The [LICENSEE] provides all training required by OSHA to ensure employee safety.